General Rules & Regulations
1. It is the competitor’s responsibility to be in attendance in advance of the advertised time scheduled for the events he is entering. The
Organizers reserve the right to run 30 minutes in advance of advertised schedule.
2. While on the competition premises, competitors shall conduct themselves in a civil, sportsmanlike manner at all times.
3. Competitors entering the Caribbean Dancesport Classic shall accept as final the individual markings of the Judges and no appeal against them may be made, except when it can be shown that the actual markings have been incorrectly interpreted.
4. No competitor shall harass or question a judge about his/her personal reasons for marking.
5. Any competitor who removes any of the master scrutineer sheets without the permission of the Organizer shall render himself liable to disciplinary action.
6. There will be no competitor practice on the dance floor during awards presentations.
7. The Organizer of the Caribbean Dancesport Classic reserves the right to reject the application of any competitor who has violated any of the above rules of conduct in any recognized NDCA. event.
8. Cancellation/Refund Policy:
a. There are no refunds or exchanges on general admission tickets, packages, and hotel nights.
b. Entries: Cancellations must be in writing and made prior to September 1, 2019 to receive a refund 30 days after the event. Cancellation made after September 1, 2019 will NOT receive a refund.
9. No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in changing rooms, ballroom, or hotel room can be accepted by the organizer or the NDCA., neither can they be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending the Caribbean Dancesport Classic. Everyone does so at his or her own risk.
10. All persons attending this event, whether as spectators or as Officials or as Competitors or guests of the Organizer, shall be bound by NDCA. and Caribbean Dancesport Classic rules and by participating in the Caribbean Dancesport Classic automatically become obliged to adhere to them.
11. No videotaping allowed. Anyone violating this rule will be removed without refund.
12. Still photography permissible with cell phone cameras only. Any other photography requests contact Chris Johnston at 781-858-4367
13. No open choreography in pre-teen levels.
14. All awards will be posted within 30 days of completion of the Caribbean Dancesport Classic.
15. All competitors must fill out a W-9 before collecting prize. If competitor does not claim prize before conclusion of competition prize amount will be transferred to a credit towards 2019 entries at the Caribbean Dancesport Classic
1. Material used should be based on the NDCA. syllabus. Refer to the NDCA. rule book or website.
2. Following categories pertain to Pro-Am and Amateur Free Styles, Pro-Am Scholarships & Challenges and 9 and 10 Dance events
a. All Bronze steps are admissible in all Bronze categories
b. All Bronze & Silver steps are admissible in all Silver categories
c. All All Bronze, Silver & Gold steps are admissible in all Gold International style categories; all steps excluding lifts are permissible in Gold American style categories.
d. All steps excluding lifts are permissible in any Open category
3. No dress restrictions in any categories
4. Students may redeem vouchers for a discount of no more than 50 percent of their total entry fee.
Professionals competing in any capacity must be currently registered with the NDCA. and supply the Organizers with a valid NDCA number
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR WORLD PROFESSIONAL SALSA
No Props allowed.
Tempo is 192-216 Beats Per Minute.
No overhead lifts allowed however dips and tricks are allowed.
Couples will be judged strictly on their style and performance not what rhythm they are dancing.
Salsa timing can be: On 1" (123,567) or Classic 2" (234,678) or Modern 2" (123,567). You must maintain only one timing throughout any round.
The six finalists should be prepared to do a solo showcase format. Music must be provided on CD. No more than 2.5 minutes, this includes walking on and off the floor.