General Rules & Regulations
1. It is the competitor’s responsibility to be in attendance in advance of the advertised time scheduled for the events he is entering. The Organizers reserve the right to run 30 minutes in advance of advertised schedule.
2. While on the competition premises, competitors shall conduct themselves in a civil, sportsmanlike manner at all times.
3. Competitors entering the Caribbean Dancesport Classic shall accept as final the individual markings of the Judges and no appeal against them may be made, except when it can be shown that the actual markings have been incorrectly interpreted.
4. No competitor shall harass or question a judge about his/her personal reasons for marking.
5. Any competitor who removes any of the master scrutineer sheets without the permission of the Organizer shall render himself liable to disciplinary action.
6. There will be no competitor practice on the dance floor during awards presentations.
7. The Organizer of the Caribbean Dancesport Classic reserves the right to reject the application of any competitor who has violated any of the above rules of conduct in any recognized N.D.C.A. event.
8. Cancellation/Refund Policy:
9. No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in changing rooms, ballroom, or hotel room can be accepted by the organizer or the N.D.C.A., neither can they be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending the Caribbean Dancesport Classic. Everyone does so at his or her own risk.
10. All persons attending this event, whether as spectators or as Officials or as Competitors or guests of the Organizer, shall be bound by N.D.C.A. and Caribbean Dancesport Classic rules and by participating in the Caribbean Dancesport Classic automatically become obliged to adhere to them.
11. No videotaping allowed. Anyone violating this rule will be removed without refund.
12. Still photography permissible with cell phone cameras only. Any other photography requests contact Chris Johnston at 781-858-4367
13. No open choreography in pre-teen levels.
14. All awards will be posted within 30 days of completion of the Caribbean Dancesport Classic.
15. Prize checks - To claim prizes you must report to registration desk prior to the conclusion of event and complete a W9 to receive check. All prize checks must be cashed within 90 days of event. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize.
1. Material used should be based on the N.D.C.A. syllabus. Refer to the N.D.C.A. rule book or website.
2. Following categories pertain to Pro-Am and Amateur Free Styles, Pro-Am Scholarships & Challenges and 9 and 10 Dance events
3. No dress restrictions in any categories
Professionals competing in any capacity must be currently registered with the N.D.C.A. and supply the Organizers with a valid N.D.C.A number and social security number.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR WORLD PROFESSIONAL SALSA
1. No Props allowed.
2. Tempo is 192-216 beats per minute
3. No overhead lifts allowed however dips and tricks are allowed.
4. Couples will be judged strictly on their style and performance not what rhythm they are dancing.
5. Salsa timing can be: On 1" (123,567) or Classic 2" (234,678) or Modern 2" (123,567). You must maintain only one timing throughout any round.
6. The six finalists should be prepared to do a solo showcase format. Music must be provided on CD. No more than 2.5 minutes, this includes walking on and off the floor.